Thursday, January 29, 2015

In the Kitchen // Easy Delicious Breakfast

So this will be a rarity as I despise breakfast foods (so don't get too used to seeing a breakfast recipe). I'm just not a big fan of the morning anyway, and no- bacon is not all that. All I truly want in the morning is a nice iced coffee with a greek yogurt or banana and I'm good-to-go until lunchtime. Occasionally, I will spice it up and enjoy a nice avocado in the morning. But I've recently discovered a breakfast recipe that I did need to try, and that says a lot. I'm all about quick and simple in the morning, sometimes I just have a ton to get done before my "real person job", so this simplistic recipe is worth a shot! So here it is and boy, is it delicious.





My Kind of Egg Sandwich

Ingredients:

  • One (1) Ripe Avocado (Not quite ripe the night before? Throw your avocado in a brown paper bag with an apple- by the am you should have a nice ripe avocado)
  • One (1) English Muffin (you've got to try the Ezekial Sprouted Whole Grain English Muffins!)
  • One (1) Egg 
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

This is such a simple recipe, and you can cook up the egg however you'd like.



1. Toast your english muffin to your liking. I personally like my english muffin just barely golden, so this step is quick and easy.
2. Here is a step to your preference- Sunny side up? Hard boiled? However your heart desires, prepare your egg. Personally, I like a sunny side up egg- theres something about the yolk mixed with the creamy avocado that is delicious!
3. While your english muffin is toasting and egg is cooking, mash an avocado in a bowl. You can add a bit of salt and pepper to your mashed avocado to taste. 
4. Assemble your sandwich. Spread the cool mashed avocado mixture on top of your warm english muffin. Top the avocado mash with your egg. You may add salt and pepper to taste!
5. Buon Appetito! 


This breakfast keeps me satisfied way past the time when I would normally be hungry for lunch. You've got your good fats, protein, and just a hint of carbs in this and you're good to go for the day. 

No morning is complete without my morning latte, made on my Nespresso machine. Oh how I will miss this little machine when I move out!





Have you ever mixed avocados and eggs before? Did you try it- what did you think? I'd love to know how you feel about some weekly recipes added into the blog mixture? Let me know in the comments below! 

Have a beautiful day,



xx Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks delicious and super easy, I will definitely be trying it. And that's a great tip for ripening an avocado, I've never heard that before! Thanks for sharing Lindsay :)

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! New Follower!

    XOXO, Erica

    ReplyDelete