Saturday, January 24, 2015

True Life: I'm Obsessed with My Dog.

I've always been a dog person. While you get to know my better through these blogs; you'll know I'm a horse person too (I have 3 and counting….). But there's two kinds of people. For one, you have your dog people. And then you have your people whom you can't trust. While I have nothing against cats, I have cats. But for me, dogs will always prevail.



With that little preface up there, I now introduce you to my dog, Tucker.










Tucker is a 4 year old, Australian Shepherd x Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. Topping in at just about 70 pounds, he is my right-hand-man. 

Tucker was not bought from a pet store, nor was adopted from a shelter. He was simply a puppy needing a home. While at college at the University of Kentucky, I found a Craigslist ad for puppies that needed homes. A lovely family in a rural area of Kentucky had a blue merle Aussie show up on their property, and took her in. A few short weeks later; she popped out fifteen puppiesThe family did the most loving thing, they wanted to find good homes for the puppies and keep the mom. So I drove myself out to the mountains of Kentucky, and as the first one there- I had my pick of the litter. I gave them a "donation" to help spay the mom and continued back to my college apartment with my new puppy.




The day he came home! How could you not be in love!?

Just a bit older.

He got SO big, SO fast.

I shall call this his "awkward phase".





Full grown Tucker. This is how I fall asleep and wake up every morning. And I definitely don't hate it!



I felt the need to introduce you to Tucker, because wherever I go, he goes. He is a huge part of my life. I love to go running with him, take him for hikes, let him run around at the barn. He'll be making an appearance on this site because simply put; I'm obsessed with my dog.




So why not give you all some reviews on some thing Tucker likes? After all, this blog will have everything on it. Tucker is a monster with his toys, so I take reviews seriously. I found the things that I like, and stopped buying the crap that was created for my dog to waste my money kill in the matter of minutes. 




Adopt, dont shop!










xx Lindsay

twitter // instagram // pinterest

12 comments:

  1. aw such a cutie! I am also a dog person ^__^

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet face!!!<3

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Wish I could adopt one but I cannot!

    Dora
    http://www.thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker is handsome!

    Ash,
    www.AshleyTamarra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Tucker has the cutest little face! I can't get over how tiny and adorable he was as a puppy! He looks like such a lovely dog :)
    Becki | www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I'am Chris !
    this is not a "spam"
    The "directory" is 16 million visits, 193 Country in the World! and more than 18,000 blogs. Come join us, registration is free, we only ask that you follow our blog
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration.Thank you for your understanding
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.fr/
    Happy Blogging
    ****************
    please : I AM FOLLOWING, PLEASE FOLLOW BACK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww....he's super cute, dear ! By the way..get well soon, Lindsay.... I read on your latest post that you're sick.
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, he's a sweetie! I can't wait to have a yard and house so we can have a dog or two someday! I would love to go for walks and hikes! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tucker is gorgeous and how cute he was, like all puppies!:)

    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Your dog is adorable. My 2 dogs are basically my children and I love them so ridiculously much!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete